Hi, I'm Lucy and I'm a tech translator.
Yes, I know that’s not a real job title, but it is the closest thing I have found to explaining what I do…
Tech translation - a definition
Making technical topics more accessible and inviting by being deliberate about the language used to talk about them.
Why is this site called “Tech to Human”?
- Technical problems are very seldom purely technical problems. Most, if not all, tech problems have a human component to them. The title reflects my interest in exploring a spectrum between pure tech-powered solutions and pure human-powered solutions. My hunch is the answer to most problems is probably somewhere in the middle.
- One of the major topics here will be language, I am a linguist after all. I am fascinated by how we use language to talk about technical topics and often, how ineffectively we communicate when different people have different understandings of terms.
There are three main things you can do at Tech to Human:
- Discover what is on my mind. (See what I write about)
- Collaborate! I work with organisations who are exploring new ways that technology can help them in their work. (Find out more)
- Connect via Email / Twitter / LinkedIn.